Ramsay Health Care was established in 1964. Ramsay has grown to become a global hospital group operating 235 hospitals, day surgery centres, treatment facilities, rehabilitation, psychiatric units and a nursing college across the United Kingdom, Australia, France, Italy, Indonesia and Malaysia. It is one of the top five private hospital operators in the world.
Ramsay approached Smooth Digital to increase inbound enquiries from private paying clients for four of their flagship UK hospitals.
The disciplines included:
Oncology | Ophthalmology | Cosmetic Surgery | Hip & Knee Surgery and more
SMOOTH DIGITAL’S APPROACH
Smooth Digital created a comprehensive health care digital marketing strategy. When brought it to life, the campaign was launched seamlessly and successfully. This included:
- Developing a combination of local & national campaigns which targeted users who live nearby to the hospitals and those who, maybe fell outside of the local radius, but are included in the geographic area.
- Created individual ad groups relevant to specific treatments which were on offer, to ensure from a user’s perspective, the hospital’s ads are relevant to the user’s specific needs.
- Created 3 variations of text ads per campaign for A/B testing to discover which text ad received the highest click-through rate. This approach tells us which ads appeal more to the user and we used that intel to show those ads more.
- With the ever-changing way users use search engines to search for services, we ensured that we covered all bases with keyword targeting. This was accomplished by using a combination of keyword match types (modified broad, phrase match, exact match).
- Created an extensive list of negatives, ensuring ads were not being shown for irrelevant search terms and campaign budget was not being wasted.
- Set up call tracking to firstly, in the Smooth Analytics reporting suite, display the number of leads the campaigns were driving. Secondly, tracking which keywords were responsible for driving the leads so we can optimise on those keywords.
- Continued bid management and campaign optimisation.
In less than 60 days, inbound enquiries increased by 352%, providing big returns quickly. Additionally, our healthcare digital marketing knowledge and optimisation efforts led to an ultimate inbound enquiry increase of 512%. As a result, Ramsay Health Care saw enquiry growth within the specialities they were focussing on across all four hospitals.
TESTIMONIAL FROM CLIENT
“We have been working with Smooth Digital for over 2 and a half years and we have had a fantastic experience & amazing results from our campaigns. Our account managers are very approachable and always willing to help. The team are very knowledgeable & proactively offer excellent advice and suggestions to improve our campaigns. We use their Smooth Analytics reporting suite which is very easy to navigate and gives us a good overview of the progress and return on investment for our campaigns. I already have and I would certainly continue to recommend!”
Natasha Chittenden, Marketing Manager
Ramsay Health Care